Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wow

So I joined a group about a month ago. Its called SantaSwap and its for people who need help during the holidays and people willing to help. I was planning on "adopting" 2 families and making blankets for the kids. Instead, money got tight and that won't happen. I have been giving away toys, clothes etc for families who need help. This morning I got up and I just got this urge to offer my photography. I offered to take family photos for 3 families. I told them it was a hobby but I know the importance of pictures and their memories but also know how expensive it is. Within 20 minutes I had all 3 families and within 30 minutes of that I have had 3 families offer to actually pay me to take their pictures. I am kind of torn on what to do. I WANT to take the other families photos because like I said, pictures are memories on paper. Looking back you can say, this time was a difficult time but we made it through. You can see the happy faces, the LOVE on each others faces even though times are hard. What I am thinking of doing is having them pay for my gas, they can donate whatever they think is worth donating to me and I will offer a cd with all the pictures plus 5 photoshopped ones for $10. God has given me this talent and I want to use it for Him. I want to catch the gift of life through a lens, have it on paper for others to see it. After all .. isn't Christmas all about celebrating the gift of life He has given us?

God is so good .. He opens doors for us we never thought possible.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

yes mam, He does. I am SO tickled for you!

Ceal said...

What a blessing!!!! Thank you for sharing your talent with others so that they might get a little bit of enjoyment and memories for this year. Yes, having those pictures means the world to those who can look back and remember.....I know my pictures are priceless!!!

Cryssy said...

Our church here has a photo ministry that provides free pics for church members. They also provide free pics for low income families for free. Through all this several photo team members have new and thriving professional photography businesses. Love the God we have!!! Maybe you can get orders to the navy base here and you could join the team!!

Amy said...

Good for you, Jaci!! They will be thrilled forever with these memories.