Haven't been blogging lately. Pretty sure its because most of this parenting stuff has really gotten me down and I havent had anything nice to say lately. Not sure if its the back talk, not listening, the whining, complaining or the sleepless and endless nights with Jocelyn. I know a couple of people who are pregnant at the moment, first time moms, and come on now!! I don't wanna scare them!!!!! lol
Good story though .. Gen and Dad got in Thursday afternoon. Friday we went to the mall to start looking for jobs for Gen. Dad took the kids to the playground thingy and Gen and I went walking. So this is all my dads story, as I, unfortunately, was not there to witness first hand. Julie was playing minding her own business when this little girl comes up and starts pulling on Julies overalls. Julie is like me, non confrontational, so she is standing there and trying to get away. James sees this, comes up to Julie, takes the girls hands off of Julie and tells the girl, "my sister". The little girl starts reaching for Julie again, and James steps right in front of Julie blocking the little girls grasp for Julies overalls again. He continues to tell her, "no, my sister" and she starts hitting him. He takes her hands (no not grabs, ever so gently) takes her hands off of him and she starts hitting him again. His hands went right down to his sides and he stood there taking her hits until the mom came up and pulled the girl off of him!!!
Now, this is so awesome because Jarreds been trying to teach James, no hitting girls. It doesnt matter if they are hitting you, you DO NOT hit them back. And 2.) You protect your sister. She is your little sister and you need to take care of her. And he did just that. My heart just filled with pride when my dad told me that story, and I started tearing up knowing that my little boy is growing up. And also knowing that right now he is heading down the right track and his looking to be an awesome big brother!!
James' new thing is doing the painting on the computer. Every so often he can find it by himself, but some days i find quite a bit of programs pulled up. I know one day he will delete something by accident. lol
Well that is about it for now. Will write more later, hopefully tonight I can actually get some sleep. =)
2 comments:
What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. Two and Three year olds are very trying but hang in there the rewards are great.
I've been in your shoes....then I got pregnant again but nevermind!
This is an important time in the lives of your children and need the proper training which it looks as if they are getting.
Keep on keeping on and it will be easier one day. Baby steps....one small thing at a time and then the next.
Cute story. Be happy you are raising children who are sweet.
Post a Comment