Monday, August 04, 2008

Can't stay happy forever ..





So the last few days of this week have been .. well .. yeah ..

Thursday - found out Jarred's name has been dropped into the hat for people to go on an IA, getting deployed to Iraq for a year. Which if it does happen means he will be leaving in December

Friday - The chief results came back and it was a no go. Which doesn't really surprise us because out of the 200 selectees over in in his command or Colorado, only one made it. Also, there weren't a lot in his rate to make it. So that's that. Then he tells me that he is the top pick in his command for the IA. Also Friday we just had stuff happened that is REALLY testing our Faith right now. (Not testing as in us stop going to church etc, but testing as seeing how much faith we have that things WILL work out no matter how it looks now). Lets just say this week will not be fun. I am not looking forward to what I *think* I may have to do and I am not looking forward to that outcome if its bad.

I don't know whats going to happen. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. Jarred not making chief is actually pretty good. If he made chief we were going to buy a house, evidently that wont happen, which is fine, not sure we are ready yet. Secondly. Carie and Robert are getting windows installed Thursday and he is taking the day off so he can help them get them in. Which is also good because if he did make chief he wouldn't have been able to use the 2 or 4 day leave he got for his re enlistment. So Thursday and Friday he is taking off. =)

The pictures up top are the result of the kids finding the fabric box (one of 2 I still have yet to unpack) and them wanting to play with the silky fabric. =) It was pretty funny when Jarred and I came upstairs from the basement to find all the fabric spread out like it was. It was so fun and their grins made that mess easy to clean. =)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

You are SO the woman.

I would have cried.

jenn said...

you are in my prayers. God will not let up pn His promises, He will provide all things; even peace during stressful times.
Those pictures are great! you are such a good mom to pick up the fabric with a smile! too cute:)

Ceal said...

Just keep Him above all else and He will see you through. Know that I love you.