Saturday, February 07, 2009

I Wonder Why

Lately I have been wondering why the Devil uses Christians to drive other Christians away. I know its a good for him because it evidently works, but my word, it is so hard. Its so hard for me to go to church with the right attitude because I am angry, annoyed but most of all hurt. I know I should let it go, but to me, when it interferes with my worship something has to be done. My neck is getting sore because of the whip lash, because I keep turning my cheek. I keep moving on to the next day trying to forget. I figure, if we can make it through the whole Pearl Harbor ordeal, then we can definitely make it through this one. I keep praying and praying about it, and when I am done I feel so much better. I feel weightless. But then something else happens a day later and I get mad all over again. Week after week of someone being mad at me is really all I can do. Week after week of someone telling me stuff to make me feel guilty because of my actions is about all I can really take. I am so tired, but I know I can't give up hope. I know God will help me through but sometimes I wish my faith were stronger. Because if it was, I wouldn't be writing a blog about how hard it is.

One question though, why is your view so much better then mine?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It's not.

And I'm right there with people hurting you all the time. I am sick to death of it.

Helen said...

Our Christian brothers and sisters are here for support. Sometimes we forget that they too can cause us to slip or they can slip themselves. It is great to have the support but most importantly stay focused on the Lord and He will never let you down. Don't let the discouragement of others come between and you and what counts. Even by allowing the weaknesses of others to affect your attitude, the devil accomplishes his dirty deeds. Stay strong my dear. Stay focused and remember when you look at a half filled glass of water you can choose to see that half of it is empty or half of it is full.