Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thank Goodness for Family!!!

Yesterday morning was spent at the ER, yet again. Not for me, instead for James. I now know if I ever go to the Emergency room here what time to go at. We waited for about an hour, the nurse took his vitals, did a strep throat test and took James' weight. The little buggerhead only weighs 34lbs!!! I told him I think Julie weighs more then him and she is a year younger!!! Anyways, got taken back to the room (its nice, all the times we have went, they take vitals and take you straight back to see the doctor, where as in Hawaii, you would get your vitals after waiting an hour, go back out to sit in the waiting room for at least 2 and THEN be called back). Go back there, the nurse told me he was going to get something for James' fever and be right back. Not 5 minutes later the doctor comes in!!! He looks at James, looks at his ears, looks at his rash, looks at his throat asks me questions and told me what James has. Says he will get the prescription and our release papers started. Not even 5 minutes after he left the nurse comes in with our prescription order and our release papers!!!!! HOW AWESOME!!! We had to wait longer at Target for our prescription to be filled then we did in the doctors office!!! Anyways, James has a Viral Infection. (Remember what I had when I got back from Texas from the funeral Jackie?) And i think I have caught it also. Especially since I have all the symptoms from it. But I will not be going into the ER. Just let it run its course. I am feeling A LOT better today. Yesterday afternoon the headache went away. the sinus pressure went away and my nose cleared up a bit. Not sure if it was because I was out of the house for a while and got away from all the grossy germs, or if it was because it was a beautiful day and I had the windows opened and it got all the germs out the window, or if it was because I was sooo relieved that we know whats wrong with James and he has antibiotics and WILL be getting better soon, or if its because I asked Gen to spray down the ENTIRE house with Lyscol. Or if its because all the above. I am just happy to be feeling a little better. Woke up with a small headache but hopefully will be going away soon. Funny story, Jarred being the smart aleck that he is, took the thermometer and said, lets see how healthy I am. Turns out he is running a fever. lol. The thing saving him is he has no tonsils. Lucky ducky.

My Mom comes in tonight!!! And my Dad gets in tomorrow!!! And Jarred and I are going on our skii trip tomorrow!!!!!! (So my mom has to brave the Colorado roads all on her own!!! Well Gen will be there with her I think!!!) I am gonna miss seeing my Dad come in, but I know that I will be having a good time!!! I haven't been taking lots of pictures because I have been so sick but I can't wait till we are up on the mountains and I get to take pictures!!!! Jarred is probably gonna try snowboarding and I will not be trying anything this time around. Just doing what I love and taking some pictures. But I am so thankful for my family. They always seem to come when I need them the most. And its not a spur of the moment, "you need me I will come thing" but something planned a month in advance. And here I am just needing my parents to lean on and here they come!! God is so good.

No comments: