Thursday, August 09, 2007

Baby News

ok so talked Jarred into letting me to do the cloth diapers again. Except this time, I am only buying a set of them (The Fuzzi Bunz package) and THATS IT. No more. Now we just gotta budget for that so we can get it. The package I want is close to $400. Jarred hates spending that kind of money on diapers right away but I keep trying to remind him how much it will save us in the end. I am hoping I get this job over in Pleasanton because that money that can be the money we use for the diapers. *sigh* having a baby with all these expenses. I have been trying to find some used ones, but I dont know. Havent found any I want (plus we dont have the money right now for them) so its kind of pointless. Plus I am REALLY trying to decide if I want to spend this money knowing Jarred really doesnt want too. *sigh*

3 comments:

Cryssy said...

I've been considering cloth diapers too but I have no way to pay the initial costs. I could make some if I really knew how and cut some of the costs but ..... Ya'll will figure it out.

Jackie said...

ok . .what if I promise to buy ALL diapers????

PLEASE?????

Ask Jarred how much I need to grovel to go to disposable. I'll do it.

Anonymous said...

Wooo Hooo for cloth diapers!
You will spend 4 times as much in the long run if you use disposables and that's if you potty train by age two. It just goes up from there. And when you are finished potty training, what do you have to show for it?? Dirty landfill rubbish! But if you use cloth you have diapers for another child or you can re-sell them.
Fuzzi Bunz really retain their value, too. I can't say enough good things about Fuzzi Bunz or cloth diapers in general! I still am not quite sure why I did it in the first place other than the novelty, but I am so glad I did!
Also, most of the diaper sites have a registry on them so folks can get that for you as a gift. At www.babynaturale.com you can register and friends/family can put a portion towards the total cost instead of buying the whole thing. If you register, let me know and I will be the first one to donate to the cause!!
Here is a website with information about cloth diapering: http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php
What can I say, you pulled out my soap box and I jumped right on!! :)
I will cetainly support you either way, but now you know for sure how I feel just in case you were wondering!