Thursday, August 02, 2007

Financial Peace University

So as most of you know we have started the Financial Peace University, Dave Ramsey program. I am so excited to start this!!! And hearing some stories, I can say that we are definetely not in that much debt!!! The only real thing is our car. I have people telling me (who are doing the program) that we need to sell our NEW car and trade it in for a used minivan. !!!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!! They are saying with a used car we will save money. Which, no, we wont. Our car payments right now include all the fixing that needs to be done. Tires, electrical, engine etc. So NO we ARE NOT trading it in. NO WAY!!!! This is the first car that we got that WE LOVE. We didnt settle for anything less. Plus this car is going to be ours for a VERY LONG time. Anyways, Jarred has so lovingly put me in charge of finances. Makes you view everything in a whole new light. Its nice though. i actually enjoy doing the finances and being in charge. I guess because I have always been one (though I really slacked since we have gotten married) of those who likes the small details. I need to know where everything is going and even though I HATE math I LOVE doing our numbers. Weird huh?? So yesterday was our first day using the "envelope system". I LOVED it. Although it was kind of weird to be waiting in line to pay for gas, and then again doing cash at the grocery store. But it was nice. I KNOW what I needed and we added some things onto the list, and it was nice saying, no lets wait until we get everything we need to see if we can AFFORD it. It was nice to be in charge and not let our money go down the pipe. I was thinking about it, and by next month we should be done with our first baby step and onto our second. And I figured, by mid 2009 we should be OUT OF DEBT!!!! and thats INCLUDING our car!!! You know how awesome that would be!!! I am so excited and cant wait to be out of debt. I am really shooting for mid 2009. And I am looking and thinking, and I honestly think we can do it. Oh man. I cant wait.

Anyways, the route. My job. My job that I honestly do like doing (most days) but am tired of it. Plus the gas costs are killing us in the long run. (Right now I am averaging close to $300 in two weeks!!! YIKES!!!!) But I need to get it off my hands for a couple of reasons. The first being, mine and the babies health. All the stress of the moving and working, and taking the kids, has really got my blood pressure up (see previous post) so for that reason. The second fact being that we are leaving the end of this month and I want to be DONE, totally DONE by the 15th. That way I have time to start cleaning the house and getting some packing done etc etc. Plus I want to be able to ENJOY my last couple weeks with my family without the job getting in the way. And then the fact that Justa and Lisa are coming in for a visit, Lisa gets in on the 18th and Justa gets in on the 20th. I would like to be able some time with them and be a family again. A whole family, a bigger family, and all the love that our family has for eachother.

In other news, I am really excited for a few reasons!!! I cant name all of them for a few reasons but lets just say the Angels are definetely singing, "HALLELUJAH" song. Everyones lives seem to be coming together and I am just so happy for my family!!! Gen is doing awesome, she came over this morning to run with Jarred and they are supposed to go running tonight. I am so proud of her, and if I am this proud I cant even imagine how proud mom and dad must be for her. I have so much faith in her and what she wants to do and I KNOW that she will do it and she WILL succeed. No doubt in my mind. Last night we had a girls night. We went to Zippy's and got dessert and just talked. It was nice just to sit around and talked. Although I wish it hadnt been so late so we could have stayed longer, but after that we went downstairs to the parking lot and spent probably a good 20 minutes talking outside. Until the freaky dude started staring at us so we left. lol. Well i think that is about all. The kids want me to sit and watch Cars with them. Yet another movie I have watched probably close, if not, a million times.

3 comments:

Ceal said...

What a very nice and uplifting post. When you are happy others are happy. Keep your eye on the goal and everything else will fall into line. I enjoyed our time last night and look forward to other times we will have in the near future. I love you.

Jackie said...

I am SO the same way with math and numbers! how wierd is that?

loved your post. wish I could leave the girls alone long enough to blog - - don't want to lose my phone, or money or jewlery . .. ha!

andrew said...

Jackie, you really have to have a bit more faith in people.