Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally, the weekend is OVER!!!!!

This weekend was such a long weekend. For a lot of different reasons. It seems the hits just kept coming after I got one.
Saturday morning started off good. Jarred let me sleep in, I woke up and made our traditional big breakfast (it used to be Sundays, but that got to hard. Trying to make breakfast, feed Jocelyn and get all 3 kids ready. HAHAHA .. yeah .. RIGHT!!!) After breakfast we decided to work on clearing Gen's room out for her arrival (YAY!!!!!!!) Gen is taking the computer room, so we took the computer down first, then the desk and then the 300lb tv and THEN the entertainment center. Oh my word, I was so sore Sunday morning!!!! It was so funny (now) trying to get the tv downstairs. We ended up "rolling" it halfway down the stairs, carried it through the living room and then down the basement stairs. My arm was/is bruised and so is my leg where I set it down. While moving the TV I seriously thought I broke my thumb. We were backing it up in the kids room and I wasnt watching and it smashed my thumb, full force, between my thumb and the door jam. Boy did that HURT!!! Yeah, so after 10 trips of going up and down two sets of stairs I lost count. lol. It was a good work out though!!!

While moving I got the phone call that my great uncles daughter passed away suddenly. She was 47, single mom, two kids and no insurance. She died of a heart attack. I feel so bad for my uncle. He has had so many losses his brother, his nephew, his sister and now his daughter. Could you imagine??? I wish we could be there for him but we just cant. I love him and am praying for him. My mom I think was being a mom. She asked me if I was ok. I was like, "uh, yeah" and got off the phone wondering why she asked me that. Then I realized, he is burying HIS daughter, his kid, his child. That would be like me burying one of the J's. I would be doing the same thing.

Sunday morning came and we went to church early because we had a meeting with the elders. It was a pain trying to get the kids fed and dressed and out of the house by 8!!!! We get there 5 minutes later then we were supposed too, got in there and the meeting went well. Except the fact that Julie kept playing with my face. She was sitting on my lap and if you know Julie you know she likes touching. So she had her hands all over my face and in my hair. The elders even asked what she was doing. lol. Church went good except for the fact that James' teacher said James was really hyper. Weird since he woke up early.

After church we had to go to Target to go grocery shopping. Jarred is doing the mens prayer breakfast this Saturday so we had to buy things for that. 8 cans of biscuits, 5 packages of bacon, two and a half dozen eggs, milk and an orange juice later, we finally started OUR grocery shopping. lol. Plus we had to get the kids easter eggs (we need to bring filled eggs to church for the easter egg hunt) and easter baskets. The good thing was everything easter was on sale. Weird since I though that stuff didnt go on sale until AFTER the holiday was over. But hey, I'm not complaining. We got Julie a pink dinosaur and James the last Spiderman. Of course at check out we get the lady with, "oh so much personality" and was so glad to get away from her. She put me in an even more damper mood. On our way to Target we called Jackie and found out that they were on their way to the emergency room for Robert. Pretty bad since I know Robert does NOT go to the hospital. Jarred and I were both really worried about him.

Get home and start cleaning putting everything away and the kids are in a MOOD. No nap, waking up early, a MOOD. I wont go into the night, nothing really bad happened there but it was a long day. And then Jocelyn of course made it a long night, I wish I could still be sleeping.

I am physically and emotionally drained. And its only Monday

2 comments:

Ceal said...

I will always worry about you. It just shows my love for you.

Jackie said...

. . . yeah . . yeah, uh huh , I'm there.