Wednesday, March 05, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Two years ago today this little girl came out in the world and had us falling head over heels in love. I remember the days following her birth, having trouble with her weight, she wouldn't gain any, her fitting into her 0-3 months clothing until she was 6 months, being our "high needs child" and wondering if I would make it through the day. I remember the days she would just be screaming (which as most of you know, was about every day) and remember thinking, "do we really want another one???" I also remember, the quiet times, where she would just lay on us and be absolutely adorable, when we walked in the room and she would smile, when she saw James and smiled, when you could see the love in her eyes when she saw one of us.



I now see her as a little girl who makes me laugh everyday. Who loves giving hugs, giving kisses and sitting in my lap. I also see the little girl who still smiles every time we walk in the room (well, unless she is in trouble), who still loves laying on us (occasionally) and just be absolutely adorable, and still loves her brother and us unconditionally. This is our little girl, our baby from two years ago. And in 14 years, when she starts dating (yeah I know wishful thinking) I hope I can still see everything I saw from the day she was born until now. One song comes to my mind, every time I hear it, I tear up

Stealing Cinderella By Chuck Wicks

I came to see her daddy for sit down man to man

It wasn't any secret I'd be asking for her hand

I guess that's why he left me waiting in the living room by myself

with at least a dozen pictures of her sitting on a shelf

- Chorus -

She was playing Cinderella

She was riding her first bike

Bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight

Running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin

Dancing with her dad, looking up at him

In her eyes I'm Prince Charming

But to him I'm just some fella riding in and stealing Cinderella

I leaned in towards those pictures to get a better look at one

When I heard a voice behind me say "Now, ain't she something, son?"

I said "Yes, she quite a woman" and he just stared at me

Then I realized that in his eyes she would always be

Playing Cinderella Riding her first bike

Bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight

Running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin

Dancing with her dad, looking up at him

In her eyes I'm Prince Charming

But to him I'm just some fella riding in and stealing Cinderella

He slapped me on the shoulder

Then he called her in the room

When she threw her arms around him

That's when I could see it too

She was playing Cinderella

Riding her first bike

Bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight

Running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin

Dancing with her dad, looking up at him

If he gives me a hard time I can't blame the fella I'm the one who's stealing Cinderella"

3 comments:

Jackie said...

ok, now I'm going to go somewhere and cry.

I want to hear that song!

Baxter is tooting under my chair. Yes, he is worse than Jade.

Ceal said...

Happy birthday little miss julie. I know that you were blessed with her...may she bring you as many blessings as you brought us over the years. We love you all.

The Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!!