Jarred and I are watching Nanny 911. We have been on a spree with watching them, not sure if Jarred is on a spree but he knows I enjoy watching it so he puts it on to please me. =) Well, on this episode the mom is sitting there cussing in front of her kids. All I keep thinking is how awful. Cussing in front of children is so uncalled for. I was getting Jocelyn more cereal today at Target and there was a little girl in the cart right in front of me. She looked to be between 1 1/2 - 2 years old and every other word out of their mouthes was a cuss word. All I kept thinking thank you God that I was there alone and my kids were not hearing that. Granted they watch movies with cussing in it, but what movie now a days, even cartoons have no cussing? Veggie Tales etc don't, I know that but every so often I do need a different movie other then the few Veggie Tales movies we do have. =) But all I keep thinking is these kids are going to grow up with that language already in their head at 1-2 years old!!!! They are going to think its appropriate language because their parents do it and won't think anything of it. I am not sitting here saying I am the perfect mother, far from it actually. But things like that, things that I can control coming out of my mouth I sure do try. I can't even say shut up now!!! That is only one of the many phrases I can't say. I don't know, I just feel strongly that cussing in front of your kid is totally uncalled for!!
On another note, I FINALLY registered for absentee vote!!! I know this year it is imperative that I vote, that way if Obama wins I will be able to say something because I did vote. And yes I am voting for McCain and Palin. I had a lot of things I wanted to write about but I had a brain fart after watching this mom cuss in front of her kids. One of my pet peeves. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment