Wednesday, September 03, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADA!!!!



So as most of you know yesterday was Jarred's birthday. So him and I were just relaxing watching a TV show (we bought Heroes seasons 1 & 2 .. awesome show!!!!) and I kept hearing something hitting the ground or falling. I thought it was a couple different things, I smelled smoke so I figured the neighbors were outside smoking, or working on their lawn, it was a very pretty and cold night so a good time to do it, or the squirrels that live in the trees behind our house were collecting food and dropping stuff in the process, or Jade outside playing around. It never occurred to me that the kids had taken the screen out of the play room window and were throwing literally all of their toys and clothes outside on the roof and ground. That picture doesn't even do it justice. That was our roof, yes that's our roof, last night and the sad part is I couldn't fit everything in the shot. Plus that I couldn't get a picture of the lawn since I was the one that was watching James pick all the toys up downstairs. I couldn't help but laugh, Jarred was royally upset and here I am laughing. (not in front of the kids of course). You see books and toys and clothes. Oh man, I thought it was funny. After the kids had cleaned up and gone to bed Jarred asked me why I thought it was so funny. I couldn't really give him an answer except, "I don't know, its just funny to me" but this morning all I kept thinking was how relieved I was that they hadn't decided to climb out there. Plus it was partly our faults since we didn't even check on them. Plus they are kids, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I think the strangest thing was that they didn't just knock the screen out, it was sitting to the right of the window propped up against the wall. Its like they really thought about what they were doing and did it. We have some pretty smart kids in my opinion.

Well that's about all for now. Just thought I would write a blog because I just thought this was hilarious.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

HA!!!!! Is that the room we were in? Are you kidding me??? I would have DIED laughing. Tell Jarred to lighten up! I used to get mad at stuff they did and laugh now. Or at the very least, I smile. and so does he.

How cool!

The Johnsons said...

I think it's pretty funny, too. Hope Jarred had a great birthday!