
It was a long today with the kids. Joce would be playing and then all the sudden she would start screaming. Not just the normal cry scream, but I am talking about bloody murder screaming. And it was seriously for no reason other then the fact that I stopped paying attention to her. So every time I would turn my attention to James or Jules she would scream. Needless to say today is ending with a major headache. I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day for all of us. =) So today after Joce's last melt down I decided to go downstairs for a little down time. I sit down on the couch turn the TV on and I see someone walk up the walkway. I think, "Oh great .. I am so not in the mood for people to try and sell something." I turn the TV off because I don't want to be rude, get up off the couch and walk to the door. Of course Jo-Jo is with me and this time I don't stop him from barking .. secretly hoping he will scare her off .. I am mean I know!!! I open the door and she starts off by introducing herself and then she asks me if I know the people across the street. I think its weird, not really sure where she is going with it. I tell her I don't know them and she continues to tell me that she pulled up and there was a little boy in the driveway crying and screaming for his mom. She told me he told her his mom ran to the store. !!!!!! She tells me she has no idea what she is doing, she has no kids and asks me to come over with her. Well if there is a kid in trouble you bet your butt I will go over there (and no I didn't say that) I said sure and walk with her. Poor little boy!!!!!!! He is crying saying he wants his mommy, I squat down in front of him and ask him where his mommy is .. this the dialogue that followed -
Me: where is your mommy sweetheart?
Him: I don't know. She went to the store
Me: Do you know when she is coming back?
Him: I want my mommy. She went to the store
Me: Its ok .. I am gonna sit here and wait with you until she gets back. Is that ok?
Him: Yes
Me: Whats your name sweetie?
Him: Giavany (I have no idea how to spell it!!!)
Me: Hi Giavany, I'm Jaci. How old are you?
Him: he holds up 3 fingers, (but he was to big to be 3, or at least closer to 4)
Me: Wow you are a big boy!! Does your mommy have a cell phone?
Him: Yes
Me: Do you know the number?
Him: No
At this point I look at the lady who found him and she said she looked in the house to see if anyone was home and no one was there. I asked her if she looked for a number while she was in there. Hoping maybe they would have it somewhere for a babysitter or something. Well she went in and looked and couldn't find anything. So she comes out, I finally got him to stop crying and then he tells us this ..
Him: What about my brother?
Me: What? Your brother is in there sweetie?
Him: Yeah
Me: How old is your brother?
Him: He is 2. He is only a baby
Me: (really ticked off by this point) ok honey do you know where he is?
Him: He is upstairs
So the lady who came and got me went inside with him. I stayed outside in case the parents came home, plus I would not be comfortable going into someone else's house. She goes upstairs, comes back and tells me there is no one up there, and then goes and checks the basement and comes back up and said there is no one down there. I could finally breathe!!! I was so relieved!!! By this time Jarred had come out to see where I went and I asked him to go and get James and Julie so he could have someone his age to play with. (Joce was sleeping by this time) The poor kid was so scared. He finally warmed up to us after a little bit and the other lady ended up calling the police. We were there for like 10 minutes before she called. If they had come back within 5 minutes of me being there, ok, it was stupid but whatever. But 10 minutes, with me there. And the lady said she was there for at least 5 minutes before coming over. 15 minutes and who knows how long he was outside crying before she pulled up. So she asked me to stay there with her, she was a nervous wreck, and I said yes I will stay. So we hung out, the cops came and they told us they have it from there, so we went home. Which I was happy for. I don't want to cause any problems, and i don't want people thinking I am trying to get into their business. I just can't believe they did that!!! From what he said he was sleeping when they left and woke up and they were gone. =(
What kind of world is it ok to leave a 4 year old at home like that? They came home and there were both parents and 2 kids .. seriously? A parent couldn't stay home? I understand circumstances .. but come on .. its just sad.
2 comments:
When Andy and I lived in Huntsville, our neighbors had one little girl, about 4 or 5. One Saturday, Andy was outside working in the morning, when they loaded the car up and took off. They were gone all day, and late in the afternoon, Andy -still outside - heard the little girl. He went over there, and she was there all alone! They had left her in the house by herself ALL DAY!
Stupid, crazy people!!
okay . . waitaminute. The mother came home with the police there and no one got taken away? Is there no law against abuse in Colorado?
Bless your heart I wishe you've called!
Post a Comment