Yoda and his litter were originally in New Mexico and were about to be euthanized. The rescue shelter we got him from rescued them and put them in foster homes until the adoption day. Jarred and I looked at the photos, picked out our first two choices and were ready to go. We had the paperwork done and planned to get there early thinking it was a first come first serve. We planned to leave around 1030 (it was a 40 minute drive) and it started at 1130. Well, we leave earlier, around 9ish went to Sonic to get a drink for the road. We finally got there and walked around PetCo. Well in come the puppies. Our first choice Jig, already had people looking at him and our second choice, Jitterbug, hadn't arrived yet. So we were looking at Jig, Cha Cha and Samba (AKA Yoda). Well, Samba was our third choice. And to be honest, I wasn't sure I wanted him!!! But when we picked him up and he was energetic and sweet we decided he was the one for us. So they get everyone together who wanted to adopt from the Boxer mix litter. There were 2 other families interested in him as well as us. So now come the interviews. Jarred was there for the interviews as as you can imagine it was hectic there and pushing a double stroller in a crowd is near impossible. (There were 40 pups that day for adoption!! So you can imagine the crowd!!!) They interviewed us, and then the other two families and then back to us and back to the people. It was about 40 minutes!!!! Then I saw the lady walk to the lady in charge and talk to her about the applicants for "samba". I was sure we weren't gonna get him!! She comes over and tells us to go talk to Diane about "Samba". I thought that meant we didn't get him!!!! Jarred of course knew that meant we got him!!! So off we go to do the paperwork and pay for him. And then off we go to get him some food and toys!!! We brought him home and put him down for a nap along with the kids.
I am happy to report that he is pretty much potty trained!!!!! (I know, I just jinxed myself!!! lol). Last night I didn't get up once to take him outside and he didn't potty in our bed!! And when he needs to go he goes to the door and sits in front of it. Now all I have to do is teach him to use the doggy door!!!! We have been keeping the door open so he can go in and out but this week is gonna get cold. So we can't do that anymore. He had his first vet apt yesterday and did awesome. The Veterinarian we went too is AWESOME. One of the best I have ever been too. (Which is saying something considering I used to work for a courier company for vets and I chose the best out of them). He sat down and explained everything, he decided which vac's were needed and which weren't. He even offers generic brands which do the exact same thing for heartworms etc. We even got the first month free!!! The vet techs were awesome. They played with Yoda and spoiled him. Kept giving him treats!! lol. It was an awesome experience.
Wow, this got long. Needless to say, we love Yoda already!! He is very smart. One funny thing. The first day home the kids were running around the house and Yoda was chasing them. Well he figured they kept coming to the same spot so he laid under the coffee table and then as they turned the corner and jumped out and scared them!! It was awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment