Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not Me

I have been finding lots of old friends on facebook. One thing I have come to realize is the person they "know" is not me. I am now a wife, a mommy, a Christian who lives my life by The word. I am not the girl who would go out with friends doing what I please, I am now a mommy who stays home and watches kids movies with the kids. I am wife who stays home doing laundry and making dinner. I am slowly, but surely finally becoming the wife and mommy that I always want to be. And that alone is worth people not knowing me, or not wanting to be my "friend" anymore because I am too boring. And you know, I am totally fine with that. My life is not about pleasing other people anymore. Its about my family and making sure they are all taken care of. Isn't that all part of growing up and having kids? Maybe not for some, but for me, thats fun.

I am proud of my family and not afraid of not being liked by other people because I am being me.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

you go girl. But I DID watch movies with the kids - loved that little mermaid and beauty and the beast.

*Lin* said...

NOT boring, in the least, darlin :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I dunno bout the rest of the people you're getting back in touch with... but I think the "new" you is just fine.

I'm GLAD of the growth and maturity going on.

~Kilin (cause I'm not a member)

Amy said...

"I love you just the way you are!"