Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Perspective

You know, I don't have very many friends. I have lots of acquaintances, but very little friends. Thats mostly because of situations like today. I HATE having "friends" who don't care how you are doing. You will drop everything to make sure they are ok, but when it comes their turn to make sure you are ok, you get NOTHING. Not one phone call, not one email, nothing. I HATE that because it hurts me. I thought I had someone who I can depend on and it turns out I can't. I hate that feeling when its a one way road. There is nothing worse then finding out a friend is not really a friend at all. I thought after I got out of high school that this would all stop. That the friends I make are true friends. But its funny, because now, it hurts more than it ever did in high school. 

And days like today are why it is so hard for me to let anyone into my life. 

Oh well, live and learn I guess. Today has been a lot of those.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I understand completely. I'm sure those of us reading this all do. I heard something in a bible study one time that really gave me true perspective though:

Jesus had a lot of acquintances and few friends. Lots of followers and disciples (our jobs, church). His apostles (our small groups, bible class, or prayer groups). One or two close friends, like John (our one or two best friends).

That made me even more thankful for the one or two girls I have. Sorry it was a rough day. Hope tomorrow is better!