Monday, July 30, 2007

My Latest Doctors Appt

ok so just got back from my lastest doctors appt. Sigh. My blood pressure is up, 132/87. double sigh. doctor told me I need to start taking it easy. triple sigh. And of course the first person I saw was a medical student. (the medical student comes in, does the exam and then the doctor comes in and talks with you. talk about a waste of time.) anyways, as most people know, I dont like taking ANY kind of medication while pregnant. I have been some really bad headaches and told the med student this and he asked if I was taking anything. I told him I would occasionally, if it was really bad. Then he went on to lecture me about tylenol being safe while pregnant etc. I told him (politely) that I know its safe, I just dont like taking any kind of medication while pregnant. Then he asked me if I was taking zoloft and I told him every other day, and lower doses as I am trying to wean myself off of it. THEN he said, well I will check on that. I am pretty sure thats safe to take while pregnant. I told him I know it is because I started it while nursing Julie, BUT like I said before I dont like taking any medications while pregnant. (again more politely then it sounds here) Then he went on again lecturing about using safe drugs while pregnant and that its "all right to take them". I just wanted to say, "thanks, but like I said before, I dont like taking any medications while pregnant." I finally just started nodding my head and agreeing with him. Whatever. Then the doctor came in and was lecturing me AGAIN about taking those two because they are safe. *insert rolling eyes* I just wanted to scream, I KNOW!!! lol. but i didnt. Then I got one of the ladies mad at me because I went into the room, where I have been going, to make my follow up appt and she got mad because they moved rooms and didnt have any signs pointing me to the right room. Oh well. So my last and finaly appointment up at Tripler is Aug. 27. Although technically I have two more appointments. I have my appointment on the 7th to find out the sex!!! So keep watching here for that news!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I don't like taking medications while pregnant either. Sometimes doctors get waaaaaaay to pushy about stupid things.