I thought this was just a myth!!! I never thought the Holiday Spirit is still in existence!! I thought it died out a long time ago. Everyone in their own world, hustling and bustling to get all the presents bought, wrapped, put under the tree. Get the lights and decorations up, to stay up and wait in lines for HOURS just to get some good prices on gifts. Opening credit cards they can't afford just to make sure their kids get everything they want. Jarred and I were showed Holiday Spirit yesterday that just made this season worthwhile. There are still some decent people living out there!!! We may be a small majority of the world BUT there is still some of us out there!!!
Before Thanksgiving we found a dog in front of our house. It was a pit bull and anyone who reads my blog knows the pit bull laws in Aurora. Anyways, we get the number off the name tag (and for dog owners please make sure your dog has a collar with your number on it!!!) and call them and waited outside for them to come and get her. We LOVE pit bulls and don't believe that all pit bulls are bad. Call us weird!! Anyways, they come and pick her up and we start talking to the owner about her age and if she was registered. She is a BEAUTIFUL dog!! Anyways, yesterday I was on my way to Sam's and decided to get the mail while I was out there. We got a card and I didn't recognize the name and the address was right down the street. I just figured it was someone from church who I don't really know. Well it was a card from them!!!! And they even gave us a gift card!! They were saying how grateful they are that we called them and not animal control and all I could think was, these people love their dog!! They are grateful to strangers for something I think any dog lover would have done. It was an awesome card and it made me realize that this is what the season is about. Being grateful for something as small as that. Being appreciative.
I hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season!!! We are trying our hardest to stay away from any kind of stores!! We went there for groceries and oh my word!! I had Jarred wait with the cart and I went back and forth getting the BASIC necessities!! I know I will eventually have to go again but only by myself!!! I am not ready to brave it by myself with 3 kids!! lol
2 comments:
I'll go with you!!!!
Hey, pass the salisbury steak!
I read your post all wrong... "I never thought the holiday spirit actually existed..." - I read as "I never thought the HOLY SPIRIT actually existed..." I was leaning forward in my chair about to call you and go "WHAT?!" Ha!
Post a Comment