

Jarred and I decided to finally get a new tree. We have had our other one for five years now and figured it was time to get a new one. So this is our new tree!!! Its a little taller then our other one and our star is literally staying straight because the point is right on the ceiling. If someone moves the tree the star will more then likely fall. Haha. Anyways, I told a couple people I would post a pic so here it is!!! The kids had fun putting the ornaments on.
I also said I would talk about our trip back. Mostly the weather. It was CRAZY!!! We went from nice mild weather to, rainstorms/thunderstorms, to Texas heat, to heavy heavy snowfall. All in 48 hours!!! I tried to get pics of the rain we were driving through because it was CRAZY. but you can understand not trying to hard so I don't hydroplane and crash. It sounded as if rocks were hitting the car, the lightening would light up the whole sky (which was really cool to watch!!!!) and most cars were going 30MPH (as I was going 50) on a 75MPH highway. I saw an accident (not saw the accident happen but the aftermath) of where a car slid off the road into a tree. Needless to say all the kids and Jarred, except James and me of course slept through it. Then as we were coming back it snowed from New Mexico on. There were parts in New Mexico were I got a 5 minute break from the snow, but once we hit Colorado and the snow got worse, I switched with Jarred. Plus I had been driving for about 3 hours and it was 5 in the morning I decided it was my turn to sit in the passenger seat. I got some pics of the snow in Colorado Springs.

It was sad too, I really wanted to cry when I looked at the GPS and it said we had 30 minutes left, and then in minutes it added 10 minutes on and then another 30. You can imagine going from only having 30 minutes to a whole hour of driving!! Normally I would say no biggie, but when you are operating on 6 hours of sleep in a matter of 48 hours, you can see how I just wanted to bawl right then. It got worse the further we got but I was way to tired to try and take pictures. Plus it was FREEZING and I was way to warm under the blanket. =) Anyways, we get home at 8, get the kids in the bath and go to church. It was funny too because pretty much the whole service we had to stand. And I told Jarred, I am sooo tired I just want to sit!!! lol. And I had to leave class early because Joce was really tired and just crying. So I took her out to the truck and we sat in there and she cried. I am happy to report that we are somewhat back to schedule and I FINALLY got the pictures uploaded in my picasa album!!! There are lots of pictures of there in the Thanksgiving08 folder!! Enjoy and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Also something I thought was funny, Sunday night as were laying in bed I told Jarred I know I have been driving way to much at night!!! He asked me how and I said, every time I close my eyes I see deers on the side of the road and they jump out on the road and I jerk my eyes open. It was crazy!!!! I am happy to report that that only happened twice last night!!!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment