Friday, February 12, 2010

The Going Ons


So as most of you know we got one more dog, Leia. Well it turns out, she is not as well trained as her previous owner stated. Instead she jumps up on EVERYONE, including but not limited to (does that sound like a commercial or what!?) Joce. The other day she wanted to play with James so bad she jumped on him and pushed him down the stairs. =( (and no, that wasn't the first time. We thought we could work with her but NOTHING we say is getting through). She scratches the kids in the face and doesn't understand STOP. Don't get me wrong, a SWEET dog, but WAY to hyper (puppy'ish) for small kids. She doesn't have the manners we were told she has. So now we are trying to find another home for her. We asked her previous owners if she wanted her back and she said no, they are all packed out and ready to move which is why they got rid of her. Ok .. so off to find her a home.

A lot of people have been saying we go through dogs like water. I am so tired of it. When you have kids you HAVE to be picky about the dogs you have around your kids. So please, no going through dogs like water comments. I am DONE with it. When you get attacked by a dog as a kid, you get picky about animals who jump up and don't listen. (which is what happened to me, so yes I do know a little about what I am talking about).

I told Jarred if we get another dog I want a SMALL dog. Nothing that gets over 20lbs. So yesterday he surprised me. If you know Jarred you know he is against small dogs. He just doesn't like them. So the whole time I was thinking I am not going to get a dog. I told him what I wanted. A small dog but who can comfortably live in our house. Be around small children and big dogs and be able to survive to tell the story and be happy. Well, I would say an act of God. Yesterday he checked the board they have at work (like craigslist but strictly for the people on Buckley) and found a post about puppies. He debated it for about 15 minutes and then decided what the heck. Go figure, they were exactly what we were looking for!!!! So last night we went out to check them out and totally fell in love with Chewbaca. He is our new 7 week 2 day old Pug. =) This one I can tell you is staying for life. And now, we are done with dogs. My promise to Jarred was that I would stop checking craigslist pet section to foster dogs. Its been a headache trying to get those two out but its only because our criteria is not what people want to do. Which is fine. It just means they aren't serious. And we want them serious. =)

Anyways .. thats the going ons. I am attaching a picture of Chewie.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

how big will he get? can he play with belly?

Jaci said...

he will get 18-20 lbs!!!!! I think they can play!!!!