Tuesday, February 13, 2007

man, I'm a jerk

I feel like such a jerk!!! There is this thing going on and here I am thinking, man, how rude to do that NOW. Come to find out, its not their fault but the second party. So here I am thinking the worse of this person when in fact I should be feeling very sorry for them. I wonder how many other times I have done that. No wonder we shouldn't be judging people. Just another thing to work on I guess. Lesson learned, the hard way. (good thing I didn't say anything to anyone, but at the same time it would have been. Lesson learned about judging AND gossipping. Two birds with one stone.)

3 comments:

Ceal said...

Of course my very first response, is what is she talking about??? Says a lot about me huh??? Wasn't even going to put that in my response but, if I don't I won't be being honest if I didn't add it. Now onto my two cents worth...So often in life we think horrible thoughts about each other. The sad part is that we never really know what is going on in anyone's life, day or even that moment that caused them to react and give us the judgement that we pronounce on them. We are all human and prone to make mistakes. The biggest lesson in life is to learn from those mistakes and move forward with those lessons making us all the better for them.

Love you,
Mom

Jackie said...

When I think and spew stuff about situations, robert gets quiet and looks away from me and I know I've blown it again. It's hard to be married to an elder. He always gives people the benefit, he almost never rushes to judgement. I have to put myself in "Just Chill' mode and do what he does now, but it's HARD.

jenn said...

hey i have been out of the loop for a while and was back tracking...great blogs, i absolutely LOVE the one about ebing yourself! good job and jackie is right, life is MUCH better when you aren't living for the people who don't matter.
you are not a jerk.. "we have all sinned and fallen short" we weren't made for perfection but for the pottery wheel for molding and the fires for refinement! i love your heart!
ok i know this comment is long and random, but i wanted to comment on previous post but didn't want to put them that far back...
to respond to the Pigg-ely Wigg-ely post, enjoy every moment during the growing process! i know you do!! There is a children's book by Karen Kingsberry i think it's called Hold Me a Little Longer but i don't remember for sure. It's in a mother's point of view and is talking about her kids growing up. She says that if she would have known this would be the last time you sat in my lap for a story, i would have held on a little longer... and stuff like that! she says we always talk about the 1st time our kids do something and how great that is but we never know when the last time has come and had we known, we could hold on a little longer. that post made me think of that but, it's great but bring on the tissues! okay i am finished with my lllooonnnggg post! I love you, jenn:)