Monday, March 05, 2007

Did I go or did I stay??

OK so I went. and I am so proud of myself. I turned my other cheek to the person who had hurt me. I even felt genuinely happy for them and their "day". Its a nice feeling knowing God still helps us even when we doubt him. And I gotta say, everything that is happening I can actually say that I am strengthened by my church family. I am grateful for them and everything they have done for me and my family. We are going to be able to Lubbock to be with our family in their time of need. And thanks to the Church they made it happen. Isn't it amazing what has to happen in order for us to REALIZE what we have and take advantage of it?? I was also amazed at how many people I could tell felt the same way as me at church. My mom pretty much put it into perspective for me today. Its not the church, its people in the church. The church is where I get encouraged, where I can cry and not feel ashamed, where I can put my faults out on the table for everyone to see and most people wont judge. they sit and cry with me, they tell me its OK and really mean it, they encourage me to be better. The kids and I will be flying to Lubbock. We leave Wednesday night and get there Thursday and leave Saturday the 17th. Now its my turn to be someone else's encouragement, have someone else cry on my shoulder and tell them its going to be OK, and really mean it. I want to let God live through me. And all because of this tiny church and some fantastic people in it.

1 comment:

andrew said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! God works His wonders and we are always the beneficiaries. I am glad that things worked out the way that they did. Just goes to show...God knows best! Have a safe trip.