Wednesday, March 28, 2007
reflections
a lot of people have been writing about mornings. How relaxing they are. I have always been a person to get up easily. And in a decent mood (as long as someone doesnt badger me to get up, and as long as no one talks to me within 5 minutes of me getting up). Since having kids, I have never really been able to enjoy mornings unless I get up at 6 or 7 in the morning. That would never happen before. I always quilt at night, sort of my down time and alone time and would end up going to bed at 2 sometimes 4 in the morning. so getting up THAT early, NO WAY. But lately since being sick I am always in bed at the latest 10. I always get up around 630-7 and have the house all to myself and I absolutely love it. I dont turn on any lights, keep them all off, and walk around the house, check my mail in silence, without interruption, watch the news and not cartoons (thank you God!!!), and enjoy my time alone. Then when James gets up I hear little feet patter on the floor and I hear the best sound a mom can hear, "Papi?? PAPI??" (he calls me Papi, we havent quite figured out why but thats what he calls me. lol) your kid calling out for you. I come around the corner and there is James, standing in the hall looking for me and waiting for me to come to him. Then he runs to me and gives me the best hug. Oh how blessed I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful post. I am so glad you shared it with us.
WAAAAAAAAA!
I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!
Aw-w-w-w! That is SO sweet. I have said it before and will say it again--the best sounds you will hear are your babies in the next room early in the morning babbling to themselves.
You ARE blessed!
Post a Comment