I am writing this almost exactly at Julie's one week marker. I can't believe one week ago I was pushing her out at this exact moment. There were a couple days where I thought I was losing my mind, crying, from sleep deprivation and the fact that she was having a "nursing strike" and it took me a good 3 minutes to have her actually latch on. Now, 3 minutes may not seem like a long time to you but when its 3 minutes of a baby screaming, you only going on a couple hours of sleep, it seems like an eternity. But all in all these last 3 days have been heaven. She is such a good baby, a very good nurser, she barely cries and is just awesome. She reminds me a lot of James at this age (except the good nurser part) and I couldn't be happier. I also have to pat myself on the back, she has been here a week and not one ounce of formula. (and no I have nothing against formula, its just my personal goal with her). Although I do have to say, those 2 really bad days, it would have been used if we had it. I know I just keep going on and on but I am really proud of myself and everything that I am keeping up with after just having a baby. Tooting my own horn, yes, yes I am. :)
OK so this blog is taking quite a bit longer than I expected. We are watching the Spurs Vs. Warriors as I type. I will tell ya what, these refs need to start calling the fouls for SA. They are fouling them left and right and not getting a call. The FIRST game that is actually playing in Colorado for the Spurs and its this one. Hopefully the 2nd half will be better. Oh, and there is nothing worse than bias announcers. They must be from California or something. Get 'em off the air!!!! I think we need to come up with technology where we can mute the announcers but not the game. ha ha
3 comments:
Glad things are going well for you. I can't believe it has been a week and I still have not gotten my arms around her. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. I am proud of you and all you have accomplished. Love you, Mom
Beautiful baby girl! I think the picture of her sleeping makes her look a little like James. I am so glad (for you!) that she is finally here. I miss you guys so much. Can't wait to see you! Hope it is soon. Love ya! Kim
A week since you 'pushed her out'??? HA!
Keep up the blogs - I like'em! See you Friday!!!!
Post a Comment