Monday, April 16, 2007

Family

Tonight we had my parents, Gen and Brice over for dinner. Its been awhile since we all got to just sit down, relax and play with the kids. I was sitting on the couch with Jarred, James and Julie and I look around and everyone is laughing. I don't mean, yeah, haha, thats so funny. I mean from the belly laughs. And it was going on for quite awhile. While everyone, and I mean everyone, was laughing i look around and realize what a great family I have. I see the faces on my parents, who raised three kids (and not very well behaved kids at that), a sister who has been there when I needed someone, and a guy who has brought so much happiness to my sister, while blending in to our family like he has been there his whole life. All that was missing was my brother and his beautiful wife. I have such a great family, and I only hope that James and Julie can look at us and think the same when they get older.

3 comments:

andrew said...

I have often felt the same way about my family. It is amazing to think of ourselves as kids growing up, and not to see us as adults. Really makes you think about the road you've been on.

My family, though, is a lot bigger than biological. My family in Christ is an amazing bunch. Even with our feebles and foibles, it is still my favorite group of people.

Jackie said...

I rmember that about your family from when I was there.
I do the same exact thing when all my fam is together - even though we really don't get along, ha! Won't it be cool when you all live here and we can see you and jarred and rob and brandee and jah and julie and kaia and who ever?

Ceal said...

Awwww. I love you bunches! Thanks!