Monday, April 30, 2007

My Jonny Apple-seediness

So after reading Ms. Royals post about her planting I decided I wanted to do it too. We now have potatoes, cucumbers, tomoatoes and broccoli potted and onions, thyme, basil, foxgloves and blue bonnets in the our little "greenhouse". I am so happy that everything is doing good and they havent died on me yet. I also managed to get the plants that I let pretty much die, come back to life. Its amazing what a little TLC does. I just hope we get some stuff from them before we move and I need to start all over. Its spring and I wanted to grow some stuff too. I love spring and all its colors.

In other news, Jarred leaves for deployment in a couple of days. Comes back, is home for two weeks and then leaves again. I am guessing it will be like this until we move. Oh well, what can you do. I told him to take as many trips as he can/wants too. Might as well get as much money from them as he can. We still have no idea where we are moving/PCS'ing too. Him and the detailer are butting heads (the detailer wants him to go to Mayport and be stationed on a ship, and Jarred says no, hes done sea duty 6 years already and wants shore duty to be able to spend time with his family) so who knows what will happen. He just does not want to do sea duty again. Can ya blame him??

My Aunty Vicki was here for a visit (my dads cousin) and she taught me so many new sewing things!!! I am soo excited to use them!!! She taught the no show stitch and I am finishing the blanket for James that she started. I made Julie a pillow and a little blanket to match the pillow. And she LOVES them!!! Its so cute!!! She also brought 45 pounds of material for Gen and I to share. I got some new CUTE fabrics that I cant wait to use!!! She also introduced me to Wonder Under. Oh man, I am gonna have some FUN with that!!! I wish I had more time with her to teach me more things but you get what you get and you gotta just be happy with that. We started sewing at 630AM and sewed all the way until she left at 12. It was a fun day.

My Aunty Helen is here now (my moms sister) and it has been a blast with her!!! Yesterday we got our pedicures and it was so nice getting a pedicure again!!! I hadnt had one in what felt like forever!! I think we are going to the Swap Meet Wednesday with her. Gen has the day off and we are planning on that, I think. And then I think this weekend we are going to see a Dr. Seuss play!!!! I think the kids are gonna love it with all the singing and costumes!! I am so excited about going!!!! Well I think that is about it. If you go to the pictures link on the side there is an album labeled 4/30 and that has pictures of the plants and some of the kids from yesterday and this morning. Enjoy!!!!

3 comments:

Darla said...

I am thrilled to have inspired you to start some plants. While you are there in Hawaii you need to make sure you take some cuttings of some of the distinctive plants you have there like Plumeria. You can grow them from stem cuttings. I am sure you have a ton of plants there that cost a fortune here.

Herbs are a fun way to get into plants.
Glad to see you sewing to. That is a great skill to have. I used to sew everything. Now I do it very little but I still can if I need to. I found it a very creative outlet.

Cryssy said...

I wish I knew half the things you know about sewing. I need some sewing lessons. And I'd kill for a greenhouse of some kind. My seedlings are always at the mercy of the squirrels....I've never known an animal I wanted to shoot so bad with a bebe gun!! If it were so cruel....

Cryssy said...

Okay girl, where are you? I've been missing you. Hope you had a good anniversary and find the joy in the memories ya'll have gathered.