Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Our Project



I wanted to make a headboard for our bed for awhile now. I got a magazine and they had something like this in there. It gave me the idea to use Artist Canvas for the boarding. As you can see in our photos that we used 6 (3 up and 3 across) and three for the seperate "pillows". Jarred did pretty much all the stapling and I did the "upholstering". It was really fun and I have to say, I think this headboard will last us awhile. Matches our bed huh?? I think now I want to get some dark blue curtains for the blinds. Not sure yet though. We had fun doing this project though. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ceal said...

It looks wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe you can help Geni make a headboard for her bed as well!

Love you,
Mom

Darla said...

Well, aren't you clever!
Cute idea! And it will not hurt when the kids bang their heads against it.

What size canvases did you use?

Jaci said...

we used 9 (in all) 16x20's. I was looking for 3x4's because I thought it would be easier, but unfortunately wal mart doesnt carry those. lol.