sent me this link to this really cool cake. I have been trying to find a Yoda cake mold so I can make a Yoda cake for James' birthday but I had no luck AT ALL finding it!! So now I have three choices. I am asking your opinion because I have no idea what I want to do!!! I will write the good and bad for each one and the poll will be on the side where my polls usually are!! If I can get it to work. I have been having a lot of trouble with it lately!!!First one:
Edible Cake Image
Pros - easy, and the one we used for James' birthday the year before it was awesome and really cute
Cons - looks kind of cheesy, and I know I won't feel great about it
Second one:
Lifesize Yoda
Pros - I think it would be AWESOME to make that and lots of fun amd I seriously think James will go crazy over it!!!
Cons - it looks like it will take a long time, I have never done it before, therefore I have NO IDEA how will it turn out and don't want to serve an ugly looking, not similiar AT ALL to Yoda. Plus, I don't want ALL that cake leftover.
Third one:
A cut out Yoda cake
(no picture because I would do this one myself. Cut out the head and the years and use fondant to mold the face features etc)
Pros - same as above minus the part about James going crazy for it
Cons - same as above
Ok so vote and let me know!!!
Ok so of course the poll isn't working .. so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!!! Also, I made it to where anyone, those who don't have a blogger account can leave a comment also. Will keep trying the poll as that is the easiest. =)
4 comments:
My vote is for your making a yoda cut out of a 9 x 13 cake. I think you can do a great job with it. We made a (okay, the nana has lost the name)big red thing from Sesame St characters out of some other cake pan for my sister's grandson and it was cute. Of course, everyone had red tongues after that. But I think you can do it!
I made Jarred's 'thunderboy' cake free hand on a 9x13 cake. Just drew it in and colored it up - and he LOVED it. (It'd be funny if he dosen't remmebr it now, huh?)
I think you could do a yoda cake! here is a link I found that has cakes and tips to make them. http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/star-wars-cake.html
the Yoda o7 cake was made with a bear mold and some minor adjustments!
Good luck, you'll do a great job!
I love the life-size Yoda. But seriously - who has the time?! Maybe if you just did his shoulders and head. I think they are all great ideas though.
Post a Comment