Monday, January 05, 2009

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I read this book my senior year in highschool. I finished it, re-read it and then got married and had a baby and forgot all about it. I found it again when we moved to Colorado, going through all my graduation stuff and remembered just how much I liked the book and vowed to read it again. Put it on the bookshelf in the guest bedroom and forgot all about it again. When Robert and Jackie were here I pulled it out and told Jackie it was a great book. Put it back on the shelf with the intentions of reading it once company left. The other night I pulled it out and read the first couple pages and went to bed because I was really tired. I started reading it again this morning and I have just finished the book. I think this book will be on my side table permanetly or at least I will read it AT LEAST once a year (preferrably in the New Year and I love the ending). It's about a boy in high school who is going through high school. It addresses everything you can imagine but at the same time not graphic. I can't wait to pass this on to Julie and Jocelyn when they get into their high school year as I think this book has lessons for high schoolers and adults alike. I am seriously debating reading it again. It makes you laugh, it makes you sober, it makes you mad and it brings tears to your eyes. And to someone who has only cried during 2 movies, that says something!!! I seriously think anyone who works with teens or has teens should really consider reading this book. I actually think everyone should read this book but hey .. thats just my opinion!!!!! =)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

i'd forgotten the name of the book. thanks!