Monday, January 19, 2009

Stupid Girly Emotions


Ever had one of those emotionally draining days? Which turns into a physically draining day? Which then turns into an emotional, physical, migraine headache, can't see well because you have white spots, kind of days. That was yesterday for me. I realized that I was at my breaking point, all through church I wanted to cry because I felt let down by a lot of different things. I was irritated by a lot of different things and I was hurt by a lot of different of things but most of all I felt my faith wavering when it should not be wavering at all. I wanted to stay home and cry and I couldn't. Instead, and I think this was God working with me, I went to lunch with my eyes all red and puffy and you could tell I was crying. Then Carie gave me a hug and asked me if I was OK and I broke down again. Right in this tiny little Mexican restaurant, in front of our friends. If you know me you know I HATE crying. I feel stupid and I feel weak. So here I am crying in front of our closest friends, feeling stupid and weak for crying. I did try and avoid having them see me at my worse but at the same time it was nice to know that I have two really good friends I can count on when I need to talk. I can cry in front of them and they understand and listen and they don't judge. I have to say, I am soooo glad that Jarred and I came back to Southeast Church of Christ. I know I have friends whom Jarred and I will stay friends with the rest of our lives. Its an awesome feeling knowing God can work through the tough times and make something good come out of it. To let you know that He is there and to let you know that despite the fact I feel alone, I still have my church family and my friends from the church who I can lean on and depend on.

2 comments:

Ceal said...

ummmm....and your family. LOL We love you too.

Jackie said...

I've found that the church family has stronger bonds than the blood family.
pretty easy to forget that Christ gave us the Church for us - not Him. Only way to transmit a hug