Sunday, September 17, 2006

So disappointed

Well I am soo disappointed.
so I went to the commissary today to do the shopping. we have two dogs, big dogs, and we get the 40lb bag of dog food right, so picture this, I have Julie in my sling and James in the cart, I am trying to get the 40lb bag in the bottom of the cart without smashing Julie with it, with her wailing around trying to grab everything, so I basically have one hand to put the dog food in one hand to hold Julie so she doesnt flail out of the sling. So here I am trying to get the dog food into the cart, with one hand, using my feet, while James' poor head keeps going back and forth because the cart keeps jerking because of the dog food. ATLEAST 10 guys walk past and NO ONE offers to help. I FINALLY get it in the bottom and THEN some guy asks me if I need help. Go figure right?!?!? I guess Jarred just spoiled, and with Robert here I did too. I mean, I dont mind doing by myself at all, I actually prefer it that way, but with stuff like that, I mean Jarred ASKS ladies if they need help with something like that. And if I am by myself, no kids, and I see an older person loading groceries I stop and help them. Its just the POLITE thing to do people!! HELLO!!!!! gosh I cant wait to get back to Texas. atleast people there have manners.

3 comments:

Cryssy said...

Oh, bless you!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sees that stuff. Tony isn't like Jarred in that regard but he is more than willing to help out if I point it out to him. He was just never taught to look around and consider others. It is taught! So I'm glad that James and Julie have you to teach them those things. You have a wonderful husband and always remember not to take that for granted...it is so easy to.

Jackie said...

Chilvery is dead dead dead. I saw that about 25 years ago, and that was when I decided to train up rob and jarred to open doors, carry bags and respect women. And while I watched men and bos sneer and poke fun at them as they did all that stuff, all, and i do mean ALL of the girls/women smiled and sighed.


oh, I would have held Jules all that time! Happily.

Ceal said...

Sorry to hear that happened. Hang in there sweetie I will be home on Wednesday. As old as I am feeling these days, you help me get out of the car and I will help you in the commissary with the kids. Love you,
Mom