Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Potty Training

yesterday Jarred started James with potty training. Yet again. Well yesterday seemed the perfect day to start. James walks around naked and when he has to go to the bathroom he actually goes to his potty!!!! Then he walks around the house saying, "I went pee pee!!! I went pee pee!!!" lol. The only thing was him pooping in there. Gen was fortunate enough to find his poop stash last night. Jarred and I had to go to a dinner meeting last night and Gen watched the kids for us. As she was putting him to bed, she found it. Poor Gen. Needless to say I am REALLY watching him today. Well atleast before I go to work. He has already gone 6 times today!!! I am so proud of James. I cant believe he has actually taken this well. Not with as many times as we have tried. The only problem is the fact that he does walk around naked, now I am worried that once we put pull ups on him he will just go back to peeing in a diaper. We shall see. We will cross that bridge once/if we get there.

Well I should have a better idea about when the kids and I will be leaving on Tuesday (the 2nd). And then by the 9th we should know where we are going. Seems like everything will be happening all at once. Not bad though.

Also we got our dog kennel!!! I have been looking online for one and I wanted to get the padding that goes on the bottom for Jade (since she is our spoiled little girl) and we were looking at $200!!! For an airline approved kennel we are going to be using once. Yeah right. So since I do work for Vet clinics I started asking around seeing if they knew anyone who was selling an extra large dog crate, and then I got thinking, gen and dad work at a storage place where people are trying to get rid of stuff all the time anyways, so I called my Dad and told him and then he calls me back half an hour later telling me this lady is selling one of hers for $35!!! And it comes with the pad in the bottom!!! But the best part it is a jumbo one!!! So Jade will have plenty of room in there!!! She was telling my dad that they came over with 9 mastiffs and are only leaving with 7 I think and that they are selling a couple. I was so happy!!! So my dad met her that night to get it and he said it wont even fit in our equinox its so big. So its in the back of his land rover (luckily his land rover was down at the storage place because he drove his volvo down there. lol) So as you can tell I am relieved to have that done and out of the way. Now I am trying to remember what airline it was that offers military people half off their tickets (well their pets tickets). I want to say united but I need to research that one. AND I have come to the conclusion that I WILL NOT be packing our own house this time. I like packing our own house (even though the military pays for the packers to pack it) but I AM NOT doing it this time. Partly because the whole reason we are leaving early is so Jarred can do stuff his way. So I figure this will hopefully be our last military move so I might as well take it for granted. I think I will be packing small stuff, clothes and thats about it. I just have this thing about strangers going through my drawers.

Well on the home front everything is good. Our family seems to be closer now then ever before. Its great and nice and just awesome. Also Gen has this friend, Ahe, that has become our adopted sister. She is awesome and most likely moving to Texas with us, although a little later, and will be Gens roomie over in San Antonio. It will be awesome having her out there with Gen. I wont be freaking out as much if Gen has someone (that I know and love) out there with her. I think it will be great for Gen and Ahe to get out and do the first "move away from home" with someone they can trust and depend on. I am also nervous about moving. This will also be my first "move away from home" although I know I have a few things to keep my mind off of the sadness, kids and one on the way, a hubby and looking for our first house. I am nervous but very excited. I think this blog is long enough. Thanks for reading if you actually got to the end. lol

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

OHHHHH I'm soooo jealous. We want so badly to get to Texas again!! And for two sisters to be coming too is just too awesome. And I'm in shock that it is happening soo fast!! Wow! God is so great.

On the potty training, I'd recommend not using pull ups during the day. Gabe will go in a pull up if he has it on (at 6 years old). He sleeps in it at night and won't go to the bathroom in the morning until we make him take it off. I know he can make it through the night though. But during the day, he is very good and always has been. But that is just what works for us and might not work for ya'll.

Be careful on the move and make Jackie keep us updated after your computer is packed. Good luck with everything.

Jackie said...

counting the days until the 9th.