Saturday, June 09, 2007

Right or Wrong??

OK, so now I have kind of gotten myself into this predicament. After its said and done, and I am 98% sure there will be more times, I have started second guessing myself. I called in an anonymous tip about some, what I assume, is drug dealing in my neighborhood. (I drove by and got this huge whiff of weed) Its not the fact that they are doing it that what bothers me the most, but the fact that they are doing in broad daylight, right in front of a park, where kids play, and when I called it in WERE playing watching these guys. Its bad enough to do it, but to put innocent lives right in the middle of it, corrupting them, and making them think that its "no big deal" is what bothers me. What if that was MY kids out there playing watching all of this? I dont know what happened as my tip was anonymous, so now I am scared out of my wits that they knew it was me who called it in. Coming home I was a nervous wreck, I wouldnt get out of my car without checking the streets and coming inside the house was even more terrifying. Am I being selfish about thinking about not doing it all again if I see it just because I am scared? Is it wrong of me to be calling it in when I am not 100% sure? Or was I in the right because of my gut feeling telling me something was not right? Gen saw the same car last night in our neighborhood about 3 times when she was outside playing with Jade. I keep telling myself I am right, if this is what it takes to get these KIDS some help then so be it. But then I keep thinking, gosh, what if they go to jail. I am responsible for putting them there. I dont know. My head is just spinning in circles around all of this.

On another note. A pretty funny story (it wasnt at the time, but now it is) for you guys. I locked myself out of house. I try picking my lock (there goes my criminal career, I think I broke the bobby pin in the door. lol) and then I remembered our back window was still broken. So I go back there and the neighbor across the way was outside. I go in the fence take the piece of wood out that I had holding it in place, kicked in the screen, dragged Jades doggy house over to window climbed on top and crawled through our little tiny window. I look out and the neighbor is nowhere to be seen. I was sure I was gonna come home to a note saying someone broke into your house. lol. but a 12 week pregnant woman trying to fit herself through a tiny window. I am sure it was something for the home video collection.

Yet another note. We get an alarm system installed Wednesday!!! All those break in's must have been bad enough for Forest City to get that done. At no extra cost to us. :) cant wait!! couldnt come at a better time either!!

2 comments:

Darla said...

First off, you did the right thing calling in the tip.

Secondly, if they go to jail it is NOT your fault. They are the criminals and criminals go to jail for their crime not because of a tipster. That is SO like I tell my students when they tell me that I got them in trouble, "no, you got yourself in trouble. I just saw it."

And I have been there with the window thing. I know I have crawled through a window when I was pregnant when I locked myself out of the house. My daughter calls it "pregnancy brain" because she knows that everything is not firing up there when you are pregnant (makes a good excuse).

Helen said...

Of course you did the right thing. It is actually everyone of our responsibilities to report suspicious things going on. The police will then investigate to see if it is the case or not. When odd things are happening around anywhere children are it is better to be safe than sorry. We see way too often what happens when no one cares enough to make an effort to check it out. You did right, girl!!!

LOLOLOL I love your description of climbing through the window. I have never done that while I was pregnant but I have climbed through the kitchen window before into the sink. It was hilarious!!!! Isn't great to do things that just make us laugh? You can write it down as one of memories the kids will love to hear about when they get older. I am so glad we have a sense of humor. It gives us those breaks we need sometimes in place of those intense moments. How we need that!!!!