


You know when Jarred got orders to Colorado I was pretty excited. I felt this would be a good time to get away from the family, be our own family, make our own traditions and be an "adult". I was tired of people telling me I had it easy because my family was there with me. Well being an "adult" really stinks.
When the kids and I left island, I missed it. At first I thought it was because Jarred was still there and then realized it was much more then just Jarred being there. My parents and sister were still there. My memories all belong on that island. Its weird leaving the place you grew up in. Then my parents moved off island, and I didn't miss as much but still missed it a lot since Gen was still there.
I always knew that leaving my mom would be hard. But I kept trying to convince myself it wouldn't be. I promised my mom I would call her and keep in touch, and I always thought, I don't know if I will have time. Honestly, I make time. I miss my mom so much. My mom has been the one constant support my whole life. From day 1 to now. I have always looked up to my mom, pretty much raising us on her own, running a daycare and trying to make ends meet, while the downstairs flooded. (haha) I always wonder and am amazed at how my mom did it. I went through Jarred's deployments and almost killed the kids. She did it for 7 years. Pretty amazing.
This blog doesn't make any sense. But writing is my therapy. So sorry. :) I know people are thinking I need to grow up and stop depending on my family. I don't depend on them, I just miss them. I don't NEED them to help me with things, I don't NEED them to be happy, just being around them makes me happIER, makes things easIER. I can do everything I need to with Jarred. But family is a very, very important role in my life.
Simply, without family, I wouldn't be me. I owe them so much


3 comments:
Well put my dear. Well put.
Thank you Jaci...know that I love you and always will. Time nor distance will change that.
Don't ever worry about relying on your family for anything! That is why there is family. My parents are only 90 miles away and we see them all the time, but I still miss her so much some days. God gives us those people in our lives so we can better know about his unconditional love! :)
Post a Comment