Friday, October 17, 2008

Jarred's Halloween Costume


Jarred asked me to make his costume. He got me a pattern off line for the Jedi tunic and I told him I would try it on "scrap" fabric (but all us sewers knows there is no such thing as "scrap" fabric, it can all be used for something unless it is teeny tiny!!!) So I got fabric, started drawing the patterns onto the fabric and was surprised by just how much fabric I actually needed for it!!! (This was the first shirt I have EVER sewn together!!!) Yesterday he got home from work and I had managed to get most of it drawn out and cut out. Then I got to sew it all together and make measurement adjustments then off we go to Jo-Ann's!!!!!!! I had soooo much fun and could have spent soooo much time in that store!!!! We got 5 yds of the shirt fabric (and no I did not need that much but I always like having extra, and in this case extra in case I messed up and because Jarred is thinking about making one for JAH Man) and I got some of the fabric remnants!!!! I LOVE shopping in the fabric remnants!!! I got 4 things of "Cars" fabric figuring I could make a small quilt for James. (since I have yet to make him one yet, and my goal is to make each of the kids one). Anyways there is the picture of it. It is not done yet. I still have to hem the bottom and sleeves and put the collar on. But now he is asking me to make pants for it also. Should be fun!!!! I started playing around with patterns today and made a pair!!! Still playing around with those though. =)

This is Jocelyn last night. I finally got the high chair set up!!! But I couldn't find the seat cover so I used my Hawaiian seat cover. =) Just for you Dad!!!!

Also James' fashion statement yesterday morning.

And last but not least our Blue-Eyed girl.

2 comments:

Ceal said...

Great job on the tunic. I am so jealous. I couldn't even thread a sewing machine and trust me numerous people have tried to teach me. Unteachable!!

James is beginning to dress like me. Scary thought.

Jocelyn looks so grown. I can't believe how big she has gotten.

Julie is just gorgeous. Watch out mom and dad. She's gonna be a heart breaker!

Love you!

Jackie said...

. . like I said to brandee . .


MOR PICTURES FOR MY SLIDESHOW!!!! Everyone comes in to watch it.

about the outfit . . . you know that if you celebrate halloween you're going straight to hay-ElHA! You go girl!