Friday, October 24, 2008

Scary Faces, Squirrels, Baking Time and Stolen Cars?

Yesterday was a fun day. James was very photographic, Julie was in a mood (which I found out why, and will be explained later), our squirrel got the courage to actually come up onto our lanai and dig a hole in the bag that had the peanuts in them (I guess I wasn't fast enough!!!), the other night Julie and I baked cookies, and last night we had a stolen car parked in front of our house!!! Lets start from the beginning ..

Yesterday Julie was in an awful mood. She had been pretty cranky the last couple of days but yesterday was just awful. She woke up from her nap and came down the stairs bawling her eyes out. Her face was all red so I picked her up and she was burning up!!! I took her temperature and it was at 103.3. Which wasn't even accurate because she wouldn't close her mouth or put it under her tongue. And when I took it out it was because she was crying. So it didn't even beep. So I call my mom, give her tylenol and put her in a lukewarm bath, per Mom's orders. I called my cousin who is a nurse and she told me to put her in the bath and get her to the ER. I got her out of the tub and her temperature was down to 101. The whole time I was trying to get a hold of Jarred because I wanted to know if he thought we should take her to the ER (most of you know I avoid the hospital like the plague!!!!). So I called Latisha (one of the girls from the FRG) and she called her husband to try and get a hold of Jarred. I guess maybe they were in the same meeting because she couldn't get a hold of him. By this time I am almost in tears because I have just been an emotional basket case lately. Julie is sitting in the tub from her chest up is just red because she is so hot!!! Anyways, Jarred got home, he took her temperature and told me its at 100 and she should be ok. If it starts going up again then we would take her in. Sounds good to me!!! So that night I went out with Latisha to get the rest of the FRG stuff. And you know how everything has a lesson? I should have listened to my Mom when she told me to just ask!!! Evidently the e-mails that I had sent out hadn't even gone to her. They went to the one of the ladies. And I guess she didn't want to answer? I don't know and really don't care anymore. I know I wasn't just being ignored. So we spent about an hour and a half in Target getting the rest of the stuff. We come to our house because I had bought bracelets to donate to the party and because I wanted to drop off the soda for the punch because I didn't want it rolling around getting flat. So we pull up and I see a car parked right in front of our driveway. At first I thought it was Gen because I called her earlier to see if she could watch the kids if we had to take Julie in. Well I pull up and thankfully the neighbors weren't there because I had to use their driveway to pull up into ours. So we get out come inside and ask Jarred if Gen is here. He says no and I tell him there is someone blocking our driveway. At first we thought nothing of it because for some reason our driveway has been notorious for blocking. This was the 3 time this week that we had a car blocking our drive. I told Jarred we should call the tow company and have them tow it away. This is just getting ridiculous!!! So I left to take Latisha back to her house and to drop off everything we bought. I stay there for awhile and get home around 1030-1100. The car is STILL there!! I pull in and realize I can't park like this because now I am part way on our neighbors. So I reverse in and notice red lights on in the car and the back window rolled down a little. So I decide to go check inside and see if maybe the battery died and thats why it was there (although they could have pushed it a little out of the way!!!) so I look inside and notice the whole dash was ripped out and the glove box was missing. That was enough for me to get inside, tell Jarred, look up the police departments number and report it. They came and indeed it was a stolen car. While we were outside the cop was on the phone with the owner and he told her, "I sure hope you guys have insurance!!" Ouch!! So we decided to activate the OnStar again in the truck. That way if it gets stolen we can call them and they can track it. And I think they can even turn the car off?? I will spend that money for that kind of peace of mind!!! Jarred decided on it since the economy right now isn't going all that well. So we stayed outside until we made sure the cops didn't need anything from us, and finally got to bed a little after 1130.

Woke up this morning and Julie's temperature was 101. But right now she is walking around, her face is no longer red, she is no longer emmiting heat from her body, she wanted out of her pj's, off the couch and actually wanted some food!!! Plus she no longer feels as hot. Which is good!!!!! Well that is about it for now!!!

3 comments:

Stephen Chapman said...

Boring fact for you... I live in a part of England that has black squirrels. Yep, it's true!

http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/

Laércio Gonsalves Pereira said...

your family is beatiful. my name is Laércio i'm brazilian. peace of god. laerciogonsalves.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

who are these people and what are they doing on your post sectin?

that stuff with jules remids me of when james was 104.5. Remeber? That's a bad memory!