Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Must be the Season?

I was reading Erin's post about getting ripped off and it reminded that I left out part of my story for Sunday. =)

I went to get a booster seat for Joce on Saturday. It was a really cute one and so we got it, went home, started making dinner, took it out to set it up and all that was in there was a nasty brown/tan chair. No top like a booster or anything, just a brown chair. If you can imagine my disappointment when what we thought we got was this really cute white and pastel green rain forest seat. So we decide to wait until the next day, it was my moms birthday so we had a cake and everything. Come around Sunday morning, the morning we are all sick, we get home from church and leave to exchange it. Well, for some reason I get security called on me. ??? Yeah, seriously, she called the security guard and he stood there pretty much the whole time I was up there. This was the conversation:
Me: Hi, I just wanted to change this out. I bought this and it has a different chair in it then what it has on the box
Customer Service: When was this purchased? (Now I really hate when they ask this question when they are HOLDING the receipt)
Me: Yesterday afternoon
CS: (took it out of the box and inspecting it) Was it already broken like this?
Me: I am not sure. I guess so. I opened it up, took it out and it wasn't what I bought so I put it back in the box.
CS: (gets on the phone and calls security) When was this purchased?
Me: Yesterday. I just want to exchange it

After that it gets stupid (yes it gets even more stupid if you can believe it). So I have the security guard standing there the whole time I am trying to exchange something. I was seriously scared and still have no idea why security was called.

But I finally got it exchanged and I made the girl open it up and make sure it was the right one. She seemed hesitant but then I told her that's why I had to exchange the other one was because it wasn't the right one in there. Also, the tag on the shelf said, $29.99 and I got charged 32.99. So I asked the girl (by this time it was a new girl) if it rang up as $32.99 because that tag on the shelf says its $29.99. Well it rang up as the higher price (of course) but I didn't press it. I just wanted to get out there without security getting called on me again!!! That was the first time I had a problem with that store. I think it was just that one though .. definitely won't deter me from going to the other ones!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

which store was this? and why didn't you let that guard have it?

They are SO lucky I'm not in Flordia!