Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Responsibility


RESPONSIBILITY:
1. the state or fact of being responsible.
2. an instance of being responsible: The responsibility for this mess is yours!
3. a particular burden of obligation upon one who is responsible: the responsibilities of authority.
4. a person or thing for which one is responsible: A child is a responsibility to its parents.
5. reliability or dependability, esp. in meeting debts or payments.



RESPONSIBLE:
1. answerable or accountable, as for something within one's power, control, or management (often fol. by to or for): He is responsible to the president for his decisions.
2. involving accountability or responsibility: a responsible position.
3. chargeable with being the author, cause, or occasion of something (usually fol. by for): Termites were responsible for the damage.
4. having a capacity for moral decisions and therefore accountable; capable of rational thought or action: The defendant is not responsible for his actions.
5. able to discharge obligations or pay debts.


That is one word I think of when I see that video and listen to her. She thinks she gets free gas and she doesn't have to pay her mortgage.

That is a good word for me to remember right now. I, and I alone am responsible for my words to others, and my actions towards others. I hope I can be responsible enough to say what I need to say without stepping on toes. Also, I have gotten a few "hate mails" telling me things. And the most disturbing is the argument, "if you don't like what is going on, then leave." Well I say to that, I love my country, I love my religion, I love my family. For the things I love, I will fight for it and I will say things I think need to be said. If you aren't within my line of thinking, or think for some reason I am "harping on your guy" and get offended please don't read my blog. This is my blog and I will write what I want to.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

So . . .how do you really feel???

Glad you found the blurb. You know, it's amazing that we live in a place that we can dead dog disagree/complain about our leadership and not be killed. The democrats have been doing it to Bush for 8 years. None of them have even been called to the carpet, much less been threatened.

I feel like if you don't want me to speak my mind, you leave. That was what America was founded on.

Those Brumley Boys said...

YOU GO GIRL!!

Brandee and Rob said...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

While the First 10 Amendments (The Bill of Rights) came afterward, the Preamble states the reasons for which this country was founded. "Like it or Leave it" was never meant to be part of it, and I don't understand how it can be interpreted this way. Article one of the Bill of rights talks about congress making no law abridging freedom of speech, so every one is right here. More importantly, Obama won the election, who cares?? The senate is the Beast that you have to look out for and last I checked the democrats have complete control.

Honestly
With a country in debt upwards of 10+ trillion dollars and a huge national economic crisis... I honestly feel bad for the Guy. He wanted it, and now he has it. Have we forgotten that he attends services at the Church of Christ? While it might be different, (not the same as yours) however, isn't he still considered a brother in Christ? Honestly?

It just seems to me that there is a whole lot of complaining going on, it's expected. However, when I hear stupid comments, out here on the ship like "I hope the assassination happens before the Presidential Inauguration" I just want to beat the crap out of every close minded person in the world, because that talk is ridiculous and shows me exactly why the rest of the world sees our country the way they do. I could be considered the most liberal republican out there and I had no desire to vote this year, mainly because both candidates were not the greatest. However, the decision has been made and life moves on. Shouldn't we move along with life, or are we just going to sit on the fence and burn bridges along the way with every one who can't see eye to eye with us, 100%.

I’m for neither candidate, but the people (electoral college) has spoken, life moves on and so should we. What can WE do for OUR country? Not what can Obama, or McCain do for our country? And everyone can complain about abortion, Gay Marriage, and Immigration issues and how Obama is for them, however, Bushes 8 years did not see a decline in any of these statistics. Immigration, gay marriages and abortions still continue to happen every day. This is in response to another blog I read of yours that rubbed me the wrong way.

I think when people voted for Obama, they did not go out and say “Lets vote to kill babies” Obama has his views, just like all the other candidates did, but I honestly think people voted for change. I knew from the start of this thing that the democrats had the Presidential Seat, I was hoping they wouldn’t take the Senate, but they did. You would be crazy to think that with this unpopular war, the national debt, the economic crisis, the Steep gas prices (that magically fell before the election), etc…. that a Republican would be elected back into office? I understand being hopeful and what not, but come on lets be realistic.

So anyway, I’m sure I am going to be banned from the family now, but I just wanted to spill my 2 cents in on this discussion. Sorry it’s long.

Love all of you guys!!!!

Rob

PS. Life at sea, on a carrier, totally stinks, by the way

Unknown said...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
A Blog is just that. A place where people vent/express opinions. If people take a persons blog personal then you need to realize that you are responsible for your own feelings. For one, these blogs, on all sides, are about politics. Politics that are so polarized that we cannot have a president elected by more than a 3% majority in the popular vote. This country feels extremely strong on both sides of every topic. The great thing about America is that we are allowed and encouraged to have these exchanges of ideas. If you cannot realize that without this avenue of discussion we are nothing, then read the Constitution.
I love the Declaration of Independence, I have a copy of it at my desk. I don't think anyone will disown a family member for a political view, family is deeper then that. But understand that to some people the one issue an election is about is abortion, gay marriage, economics, foreign policy, the war, etc. Just because your issue is different doesn't mean someone else' is less meaningful. My major issue was having a Far Left Wing appointing Supreme Court Justices.

I love you guys, all in this discussion. Please remember that this is a discussion not a pee'ing match.