Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ok .. I guess I have some explaining to do ..

So it was brought to my attention that maybe I am burning bridges with people who don't see eye to eye with my views. If I am PLEASE let me know. That is not my intention. I have had discussions with a couple people where it was, what I thought, polite and casual. I state my opinion, they state theirs, I didn't realize I was offending anyone in doing this? Again, if I am, please let me know.

It has also been brought to my attention that maybe I am sounding like I hate Obama etc. No that is not the case. I may disagree with him on issues, BUT HE IS our next president. I respect him for that and I am anxious to see what he does in office. But just because I don't agree with him 100% DOES NOT mean I dislike him. I want to get this out of the way before I go on any further because people seem to forget he is a POLITICIAN. I am sorry to say but I feel that when someone gets into a job that involves A LOT of publicity, acting, politicians etc, your life is in the spotlight. Politicians know this and for the most part willingly put their lives out there for people to look at. Every decision, every action, almost every word spoken is in the publics eyes. Would I like it? No. But I also don't put every thought and action etc out there for the world to see. I write my blogs, which I guess make me seem mean, and I will take the heat for anything I write as I have been. A couple of choice words/phrases have made me cry and upset me but that is what I ask for when I write something publicly. =)

Also, I am not saying, about my last blog, that people went and said, “Lets vote to kill babies” , my point was that they knowingly supported someone who does. That was my point. With my own beliefs I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who believes that is alright. And for the record, if it was the other way around and McCain was for that and Obama wasn't I would have voted for Obama. =) And I am not sure where you were going with the Church of Christ/brother thing? Sorry to do this publicly but you are on a ship and I don't want you to think I am ignoring your questions. And because I also think some people have the same questions you did about the content of my blogs. Kill two birds with one stone. =)

In other news, hopefully tomorrow I will be uploading some new pictures!!! I got a really cute one of Jocelyn all bundled up because it was FREEZING Wednesday night when we were going to church!!!! Also the kids new thing, well mostly James, is to get in his sleeping bag and slide down the stairs. He even has a rug burn on his back from it but he LOVES it!!! What a weirdo!!!! We should hopefully be getting some snow in the next couple of days!! I can't wait for it!!! Well thats about it for now. It is 11 o'clock here and I am finally feeling like maybe I can go to sleep. (I know mom I should have called you guys!!! lol)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You came across fine. It's your blog. Don't stop saying what you want to say. I would promise not to talk politics anymore, but I am married to Robert Hutton.

It's been an awesome morning. I got an e from ruby - at last! And it was down to 54 degrees here this morning!!! I'm watching Star Trek the next generation with a hot cup of coffee before work. Wadda great start to the day!